Conservation – Local
- Sandia Mountain Bear Collaborative – Bear conservation and education organization. Meets monthly. Hosts the Bear Fair in the fall (updates when date/location set).
- Pathways Wildlife Corridors of NM – For help with wildlife/human interactions. How to keep bears our of your yard, etc. Pathways studies the wildlife corridors that wildlife use to move through the land.
- New Mexico Game and Fish – 1 Wildlife Way, Santa Fe, NM 87507 Phone: (505) 476-8000 | Toll-free (888) 248-6866
- Talking Talons Youth Leadership – Inspiring Tomorrow’s Environmental Leaders Today
- Albuquerque Open Space
- Bosque Ecosystem Monitoring Program – Science, Education, and Stewardship of the Rio Grande
- Friends of the Sandia Mountains
- New Mexico Wild – Albuquerque Office: 505-843-8696
Conservation – National / International
- Mountain Lion Foundation – A national nonprofit organization protecting mountain lions and their habitat. PO Box 1896, Sacramento, CA 95812 Phone: 916-442 2666 firstname.lastname@example.org. The New Mexico State Page is here.
- Felidae Fund – Advancement in the Conservation of the World’s 37 Felidae Species and their Habitats. Phone: (415) 354-5655 email@example.com. Felidae Fund has a San Francisco Bay Area Puma Project.
- Panthera – Panthera is the only organization in the world devoted exclusively to the conservation of the world’s wild cats. Our team of leading biologists and law enforcement experts develop innovative strategies to address the dire threats facing cheetahs, jaguars, leopards, lions, pumas, snow leopards, and tigers.
- Sierra Club – Founded by legendary conservationist John Muir in 1892, the Sierra Club is now the nation’s largest and most influential grassroots environmental organization — with more than two million members and supporters. The local Sierra Club chapter is at 2215 Lead Ave SE, Albuquerque, NM 87106 Phone: (505) 243-7767
Animal Sanctuaries – primarily predators
- Wildcat Sanctuary – N Main St, Sandstone, MN 55072 Phone: (320) 245-6871
- Big Cat Rescue – Big Cat Rescue is the largest accredited sanctuary in the country dedicated entirely to abused and abandoned big cats.
- Wild Spirit Wolf Rescue – HC 61 Box 28, Ramah, NM 87321 Tel: 505-775-3304 Fax: 505-775-3824 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Wildlife West – WILDLIFE WEST NATURE PARK, 87 North Frontage Road, Edgewood, NM 87015 Phone: (877) 981-9453 Fax – (505) 281-7170 email@example.com